MHJ Consultant LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.mhjconsultants.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website;
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
It does not apply to information collected by:
· us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
· any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
· about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Purpose and Legal Basis for Our Use of Your Personal Information.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We may use personal information for the following purposes.
· Fulfilment of services We use personal information to enable us to perform the consultancy services, respond to your requests and deliver our services, to provide advice, verify your identity, and carry out requests made by you on the Website or in relation to our consultancy services.
· Client services We use personal information to provide and operate our Website and consultancy services, to communicate with you about your use of the Website and consultancy services, to respond to your inquiries, to provide troubleshooting, to fulfill your requests, to bill you for our consultancy services, to collect payments, to respond to complaints and inquiries, to provide technical support, and to provide other client service and support.
· Business administration and legal & regulatory compliance We use personal information for the following business administration and legal & regulatory compliance purposes:
· To perform and maintain information for the purposes of performing conflicts of interest searches.
· To comply with our legal obligations (including Know Your Client, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery, conflicts or similar obligations including, but without limitation, maintaining regulatory insurance).
· To enforce our legal rights. To investigate and/or settle inquiries or disputes.
· To comply with any applicable law, court order, other judicial process, law enforcement requests or the requirements of a regulator.
· To enforce our agreements with you.
· To protect the rights, property or safety of us or third parties, including our other clients and users of the Website or our legal services.
· To maintain our records.
· To process business transaction data, such as in connection with a merger, or a restructuring, or sale.
· To use as otherwise required or permitted by law, consistent with these purposes.
· Marketing and promotions We may use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, by email and direct (postal) mail. We may also use it develop new consultancy services and determine how to market our consultancy services
· Client development We may use personal information in order to respond to Requests for Proposals (“RFPs“), prepare for and present pitches and other proposals, and identify potential business opportunities. Largely, this involves our collection and use of non-personal business information about current, former and prospective corporate clients. However, we may also process limited personal information about individuals (name, current and former company, current and former title, contact information and similar information).
· Client insight and analytics We use personal information to better understand how you and others use our consultancy services, so that we can improve our Website and consultancy services, develop new features, tools, offerings, services and the like, and for other research and analytical purposes. We also use the information we collect to measure the effectiveness of our online content and how visitors use our Website and our consultancy services. This allows us to learn what pages of our Website are most attractive to our visitors, which parts of our Website are the most interesting, and what kind of offers our registered users like to see. We may use this information and the insights we have derived for marketing purposes (see the marketing section above for further details), or to make decisions about events, news and information that may be of interest to clients, prospective clients, Website users and others.
· Prevent misconduct, abuse and misuse Subject to our professional and ethical duties, we use personal information where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, or violations of our terms of engagement. We also use personal information to protect and secure the Website and our information systems and networks.
· Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MHJ Consultants LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by MHJ Consultants LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
·With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
·To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
·If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of MHJ Consultants LLC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Retention of Personal Information
In general, we will retain relevant personal information of Website visitors for at least three years from the date of our last interaction with you and in compliance with our obligations under applicable laws, or for longer if we are required to do so according to our regulatory obligations or professional indemnity obligations, or where we believe necessary to establish, defend, or protect our legal rights and interests or those of others.
We generally retain files and information regarding client engagements and matters for which we have been retained for at least seven years from the date of our last interaction with the relevant client, in compliance with our obligations under applicable laws, or for longer where required by our regulatory obligations, professional indemnity obligations, or where we believe necessary to establish, defend, or protect our legal rights and interests or those of others. We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
We are committed to keeping personal information secure and we have implemented appropriate information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Please note that no transmission over the Internet is completely secure or error-free, and that the information security policies, rules and technical measures utilized and maintained by us may be subject to compromise.
All of our partners, employees, consultants, workers and data processors (ie, those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
How to Access Your Information and Other Rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
·Your right of access If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
·Your right to correction (rectification) If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it corrected. If you are entitled to have information corrected and if we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, we will also tell you, where possible and lawful to do so, with whom we have shared your personal information so that you can contact them directly.
·Your right to erasure You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If you are entitled to erasure and if we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, we will also tell you, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, with whom we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
·Your right to restrict (block) processing You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us. If you are entitled to restriction and if we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, we will also tell you, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, with whom we have shared your personal information so that you can contact them directly.
·Your right to data portability You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of personal information we’ve obtain from you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
·Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
·Your right to withdraw consent If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
· Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
+1 (717) 322-5666